Monday, February 2, 2015

an introduction of sorts





I guess this is where we meet the blogger.

My name is Lydia, I'm in my mid-twenties and I am an Art History major at Sacramento State.

Art has always been an important part of my life.  It has always been something that awed and inspired me.  When I was about eight years old I owned books on Monet and Van Gogh and I would pour myself over them.

My concentration is in Modern and Contemporary art.  My true passion is with late nineteenth century European art, especially with the post-impressionists and beyond, but there's something about Contemporary that grabs me and holds my attention.

I am always interested in how artists strive to "kill their fathers" as Picasso said.  I am always interested in how history and culture shape art and how art shapes history and culture.

I look forward to writing about contemporary artists and their relationships with our culture and our shared history.

0 comments:

Post a Comment